Thursday, January 1, 2015

Enter the Heat

Food.  In that one word, I can sum up what so much of my world revolves around.  I am truly a foodie, and have been for as far back as I can recall.  Even now, when my daughter asks me about growing up in India so many of my memories are tied to food.  Ah, the power of good food.

I started cooking as a child with my mother and even went into business with her for awhile, running a catering company.  While I was finishing up college in India I had the opportunity to work as a cook for The Oberoi Hotel in Mumbai.  I moved to the states to go to University and after graduating I took a step out of the kitchen and into a more operations related role, but still very much involved in food.

I'm the guy that friends will call up for an indian food recipe or be asked to bring an indian dish to the party.  It is for this reason that over the years I have really taken the time to simplify my recipes and start cooking Indian food with a twist.  You will still get the traditonal taste, but with something extra.  I see so many people turned off from cooking Indian food for a multitude of reasons, but a couple of the main reasons being that: 1.) it's too complicated and 2.) not having an understanding of the spices or that everything is too spicy.  I want to change these perception while updating and simplifying the cooking process.  An understanding of the spices is important and I will share those basics as well. 

So come enter the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment